The gym is open, but classes will remain online until mid-May.
Obviously, if you feel unwell, please do not come to the gym. If anyone in your family is self-isolating because they are unwell, please do not come to the gym or classes.
I will now outline the protocols for returning to the gym environment as set down by our government with the advice of our professional body UK Active.
- Gym sessions have to be booked using our booking app or by phoning the gym and making a booking. (If you have not got our booking app please get in touch).
- We ask that you only book one gym session but if the following hour has free slots we are happy for you to stay longer. Please check in with reception if you intend to extend your workout.
- There will be a 10-minute changeover slot so that you can vacate the building (as quickly as possible) to allow staff to sanitize all touch points for the next members to arrive.
- Please leave promptly at the end of your workout.
- Bookings can be made 6 days in advance.
- The gym and class capacity will be limited to 12 people.
- You must not enter the building until your allotted time slot (you must wait outside the front doors i.e. in the car park area). Please keep social distancing if queueing.
- MASKS must be worn in the reception area but do not need to be worn during workouts.
- You MUST swipe your membership card on entering the gym, so that we have an official log of who is in the premises.
- There will be random temperature checks (using a non-contact thermometer) at reception. Please can we ask for your cooperation with this.
- Please wash your hands and/or use hand sanitizer before entering the gym or studio. There are hand sanitizer stations around the gym.
- Social distancing will be in operation within the building.
- Please come changed and ready for your workout so that the changing areas are used as little as possible.
- Please bring your own water bottle. If you do use the water machine to re-fill your bottle, please use the hand sanitizer after use.
Using the gym machines:
- All members MUST wipe down the gym machines after they have used them with the anti-viral spray and blue roll. This is compulsory. We also advise you to wipe down the touch points on the machine before you use it too.
- All other equipment in the gym, such as bars, plate weights, dumbbells, mats etc. you must also wipe down after use with the anti-viral sprays.
- Some machines have been put out of bounds for social distancing reasons.
- Please be sensible and keep 2-metres away from anyone using a gym machine or in the weights area.
- We now have a new Cardio Room containing some machines. This is to help spread out our machines for your use.
- If the Studio is free, you can go in there with equipment for your workout. Please be aware that large weights cannot be dropped onto the studio flooring as it not reinforced for this purpose.
- ALL windows will be open to increase ventilation.
- Gym Towels are NOT allowed at this time. Please use the disposable blue roll if necessary.
Fitness Classes in the studio re-start on 17th May 2021. Please book your classes via the booking app.
- After each class you must wipe down all equipment used, including mats and the gym floor, with the anti-bacterial spray and blue rolls.
Staff will be working very hard to keep our gym clean and hygienic. If you see anything that needs reporting, please tell the member of staff on duty as soon as possible.