We open our doors at 8am Saturday 25th July 2020, we can’t wait to see you all again. Below is the information we have sent out to members and friends:
The government has now announced that indoor gyms can now re-open and we will do so on Saturday 25th July 2020 at 8am.
During the first week of opening, it will be gym only.
Classes will re-start on Saturday 1st August 2020.
Initially, classes will be on a reduced timetable basis and you will be able to see the timetable online within the next week.
Obviously, if you feel unwell, please do not come to the gym or classes. If anyone in your family is self-isolating because they are unwell, please do not come to the gym or classes.
I will now outline the protocols for returning to the gym environment as set down by our government with the advice of our professional body UK Active.
- Gym and classes sessions have to be booked using our booking app or by phoning the gym and making a booking. (If you have not got our booking app please get in touch).
- Gym sessions are limited to 1 hour per day to start with (this will be reviewed after the first 3 weeks).
- There will be a 10-minute changeover slot so that you can vacate the building (as quickly as possible) to allow staff to sanitize all touch points for the next members to arrive.
- Please leave promptly at the end of your 1-hour workout.
- Bookings can be made 6 days in advance.
- The gym and studio (class) capacity will be limited to 12 people.
- You must not enter the building until your allotted time slot (you must wait outside the front doors i.e. in the car park area). Please keep social distancing whilst queueing.
- You MUST swipe your membership card on entering the gym and for classes, so that we have an official log of who is in the premises.
- There will be random temperature checks (using a non-contact thermometer) at reception. Please can we ask for your cooperation with this.
- Please wash your hands and/or use hand sanitizer before entering the gym or studio. There are hand sanitizer stations around the gym.
- Social distancing will be in operation within the building.
- Please come changed and ready for your workout so that the changing areas are used as little as possible.
- The showers will not be in operation initially (this will be reviewed after 3 weeks).
- We are putting locker cards into every locker so that you do not have to use your own or borrow a locker card. Please leave these in the lockers. You will, of course, be able to take the key with you into the gym for security.
- Please bring your own water bottle. If you do use the water machine to re-fill your bottle, please use the hand sanitizer after use.
Using the gym machines:
- All members MUST wipe down the gym machines after they have used them with the anti-viral spray and blue roll. This is compulsory. We also advise you to wipe down the touch points on the machine before you use it too.
- All other equipment in the gym, such as bars, plate weights, dumbbells, mats etc. you must also wipe down after use with the anti-viral sprays.
- Some machines have been put out of bounds for social distancing reasons.
- Please be sensible and keep 2-metres away from anyone using a gym machine or in the weights area.
- We now have a new Cardio Room containing some machines. This is to help spread out our machines for your use.
- If the studio is not in use, then you are free to go in there with your equipment for your workout. Please be aware that large weights cannot be dropped onto the studio flooring as it not reinforced for this purpose.
- Following government guidelines, we will not be using the Air-Con. Instead ALL windows will be open for ventilation.
- Gym Towels are NOT allowed at this time. Please use the disposable blue roll if necessary.
Fitness Classes – please read the above information with regard to attending the gym and studio, queueing and social distancing:
- Due to the limit of 12 people in a class, we will be operating a 6-day booking system and a waiting list system.
- If you are on the waiting list for a class, you will automatically be put onto the following week’s studio class. This will allow for a fair system and help the maximum number of people experience the studio classes over a 2-week period.
- Classes are limited to 1 per day to start with (this will be reviewed in the next 3 weeks)
- There are social distancing markings on the Studio floor. Please keep within your area during the class.
- All equipment will have been cleaned before use. You MUST clean the touch points on pieces of equipment you have used at the end of the class, using the anti-viral spray and blue roll.
- We encourage you to bring your own gym/yoga mats to classes that use them. If you use one of our mats, you must clean it at the end of the session.
- Some sessions will continue to be broadcast on Zoom as well as taking place in the studio. There will be a special booking slot for the Zoom classes.
- Alison’s Zumba class will continue to be broadcast and not take place in the studio at present.
- Please be patient with us regarding classes. Not all instructors are available and so we are being creative with our timetable, face-to-face classes and online/recorded classes.
PALS (now Stay Active). We have taken the decision to delay the start of our classes aimed at our ‘older and vulnerable’ members. If you are in this category and wish to come to the gym, you can book a slot in the method described. However, Wednesday and Friday classes will not re-start until at least September.
Nordic Walking will not take place at the present time. If walkers wish to meet outside and organize their own group walk, then this is a decision they must take within the current government guidelines.
Staff will be working very hard to keep our gym and studio clean and hygienic. If you see anything that needs reporting, please tell the member of staff on duty as soon as possible.
Finally, as a thank you to all the members who continued to pay their membership fee during lockdown, we would like to offer a free Personal Training session with Adam at your convenience.
Can we thank you for all your support during out lockdown and we look forward in the coming months to getting “back to normal”.
The HD3 Fitness Team