Casual Fitness Instructor
We require a casual Fitness Instructor to cover shifts and classes. Starting January 2019.
The successful candidate MUST be able to work evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays. Please do not apply if this is a problem for you. The weekday shifts start at 2pm and finish at 9pm. Weekends are from 8am – 4pm. Please get in touch for more information on the number of hours per week.
To apply, please email us with your CV, a summary of your experience and why you are applying for this role.
If you want to know more details about this role, please email, this is better than phoning as the Directors are not always available to speak to at the gym.
This job has 4 distinct areas.
- Working within the gym (fitness programmes and inductions).
- Work on reception, customer service and selling memberships.
- Planning and instructing group-based fitness classes via a range of activities including: Spin classes, Body Conditioning, Circuits, Body Blast, Box Fit, Legs, Bums and Tums and HIIT classes. A class instructor should actively encourage repeated attendance at fitness classes, employing appropriate motivation strategies to achieve this.
- Cleaning, cashing up, locking up the building (security) and Health and Safety
- Level 2 Fitness Instructor certificate is essential.
- Qualification in indoor cycle classes is essential.
- A First Aid certificate is desirable.
- You will be expected to agree to a DBS check.
- A good level of fitness is expected and an interest in your own sport or fitness activity is essential.
The pay scale is ‘minimum wage’ for your age range. Fitness classes are part of your working day; however, one-off Fitness Classes are paid on a different scale.
We have some amazing Black Friday Special Offers. They will be available between 21st November and 27th November 2018.
Use Promo Code BF to join on-line.
Example: Join on 12 months Off Peak Membership for only £17 per month (normally £22 per month)
DON’T MISS OUT ON THESE AMAZING OFFERS!
A new Yoga class with Lesa on Monday evenings.
Lesa will be delivering her popular Mind and Body class at 6.15pm every Monday.
If you are a member, you can book on-line. If you’re not a member, give us a call to book: 01484 646506 or message us on Facebook
Classes are £5 per session for non-members.
We have a number of new classes, instructors and times for our class timetable starting January 2018.
Have a look at our timetable on the Classes Tab and please read the information below:
We are delighted to welcome Isabel Kelly to the Fitness Team who will be delivering Strong by Zumba on Tuesdays at 7.30pm and Zumba on Thursdays at 7.30pm.
We are adding another Kettlercise class on Wednesdays at 7.20pm – this will cater for those of you who cannot make the earlier 5.30pm class on Thursdays. We are delighted that the lovely Holly will be taking both of these classes. The Sunday Kettlercise has changed and will now be a Tabata Mix class at 9.35am, delivered by Ruth.
We are delighted to have gained the services of Sapphire who will now deliver Yoga on Mondays at 11am. Her first class will be on Monday 8th January.
And finally on Sundays, a new class starting directly after Spin, at 9.35am. Tabata Mix is a conditioning class where sets of exercises (cardio, strength and core) are done for 20 seconds with 10 seconds rest. After a set of 8 exercises you get a minute rest and then ‘off we go again’!