Casual Fitness Instructor
We require a casual Fitness Instructor to cover shifts and classes. Starting January 2019.
The successful candidate MUST be able to work evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays. Please do not apply if this is a problem for you. The weekday shifts start at 2pm and finish at 9pm. Weekends are from 8am – 4pm. Please get in touch for more information on the number of hours per week.
To apply, please email us with your CV, a summary of your experience and why you are applying for this role.
If you want to know more details about this role, please email, this is better than phoning as the Directors are not always available to speak to at the gym.
This job has 4 distinct areas.
- Working within the gym (fitness programmes and inductions).
- Work on reception, customer service and selling memberships.
- Planning and instructing group-based fitness classes via a range of activities including: Spin classes, Body Conditioning, Circuits, Body Blast, Box Fit, Legs, Bums and Tums and HIIT classes. A class instructor should actively encourage repeated attendance at fitness classes, employing appropriate motivation strategies to achieve this.
- Cleaning, cashing up, locking up the building (security) and Health and Safety
- Level 2 Fitness Instructor certificate is essential.
- Qualification in indoor cycle classes is essential.
- A First Aid certificate is desirable.
- You will be expected to agree to a DBS check.
- A good level of fitness is expected and an interest in your own sport or fitness activity is essential.
The pay scale is ‘minimum wage’ for your age range. Fitness classes are part of your working day; however, one-off Fitness Classes are paid on a different scale.